Monday, 28 September 2015

It's all Greek to me?

These Victrix Greeks have been finished for a couple of weeks now but I've wanted to put some static grass on the bases and I needed something more faded out.


Armoured Mercenary hoplites, I messed up one of the LBMS decals and didn't have a spare so I left one blank. They were to be honest a right pain in the arse to do, faced with doing a couple of hundred for my Gauls in 15mm, I decided against it.


Unarmoured hoplites.


Peltasts and javelin men.


Slingers and archers, these are going to be used for Open Combat and 7th Voyage.

I've founded and painted a few more Mantic undead, ghouls and zombies, shown here on my new 4ground ruin.


And there was another 4ground building to bring me up to 4.


I had a short holiday down in Devon this last week and visited Dartmouth castle, steeped in history from the Hundred Years' War to WW2, great stuff and bound to inspire some scenarios.






3 comments:

Phil said...

Fantastic hoplites!

Michael Awdry said...

Absolutely wonderful Greeks and taken by the 4Ground ruin, which has reminded me that I bought one in the summer, but where have I put it?

Stuart S said...

Very nice Paul, it will be good to see these on the table....
Cheers
Stu