Monday, 24 February 2014

It's cold and wet outside

It's been rather cold and wet lately which hasn't encouraged me spend much time at my painting table, this weekend the weather seems to have taken a turn for spring.

I helped run some games of Dead Man's Hand which went down well, we are looking forward to the campaign rules which I believe are coming out for Salute. Last week I also rolled up the characters for a Chain of Command campaign using the 'At the Sharp End' supplement and played a game of X-Wing, ending the Star Wars trilogy early by getting Darth Vader killed.


Onto the painting;

First up is the first of my miniatures for Empire of the Dead, these are Perry Miniatures ACW rioters and a Foundry Sebastian Moran.


Next, Reaper Bones Orcs for my future fantasy skirmish project.


For my Dux Saxon force, a pack of figures from Musketeer Miniatures, giving me a 'wizard', a bard and a early Christian priest. In th middle a Foundry barbarian and on the right hand side, a witch woman and followers along with their trophies.


Some Gripping Beast monks, these are good for a broad spread of history, these will crop up in dark ages, Napoleonic games and maybe even as a mysterious cult in 7TV


Some scenic bits to conclude, a pile of loot and a well.


I'm currently finishing up some more Saxons and Thursday might see the start of a new Chain of Command campaign. Sunday should take us to the Overlord show in Abingdon.





2 comments:

Stuart S said...

Looks like a good week.
Cheers
Stu

Michael Awdry said...

Lots of goodness there! The rioters work rally well for EoTD.