Monday, 6 January 2014

Let's get the year started.

Well I am determined to play more games and paint more miniatures this year so I need to make a start. My first game of 2014 was another Infinity game at Wyvern Wargamers last night, a two a side run through, we are still learning the rules. Our tables are certainly looking the part.


I ordered these Daleks from Black Tree Design before Xmas and they turned up last week. I thought I would give them a nice simple paint job. They are showing their age and could really do with remaking the moulds, perhaps licence issues is preventing this?


Well Daleks must have someone to shoot at, I picked these figures up from Gripping Beast, they are British Infantry from their MoFo Falklands range. I still need to buy another couple of packs to give me a Carl Gustav and an suitable officer.


At Warfare in November I picked up a pack of Kallistra's new 12mm Great War British, great little figure and I have picked up a few more packs and got painting. I'm not going to win any prizes for these, they are going to be seen at arms length so no worries. I also now have packs of both artillery and cavalry. There are intended for use with TooFatLardies Through the Mud and Blood rules.


Game number two tomorrow, a Chain of Command 1940 game, French vs Germans. Some photos later in the week.




3 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Now that looks like a cracking way to start the New Year.

Stuart S said...

Crickey you have been busy, where did you get your basing from for the WW1, just preping mine now, I guess for continuity I could with following your example.
Cheers
Stu

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

Excellent work! Love the city terrain too, is there an After Action Report? ;-)