Tuesday, 17 September 2013

I bought the lot!

We popped down to Newbury for Colours 2013 on Sunday, the show seemed busy for a Sunday but many traders commented that the day before had been especially busy, perhaps a sign the economy is on the turn.

I wrote myself a list, a few bits and pieces I needed and some others to look for, the theme for the trip was very much WW2 due to playing IABSM and now much enjoying Chain of Command ( CoC ).


So we have more MiniNatur tufts, warbases MDF bases, some Vallejo colours, mini barbed wire and the Army Painter versions of Devlan Mud and Baddab Black.

There is a platoons worth of Sdkfz 251D Hanomags and a PzIV H from Forged in Battle, from Peter Pig I had a few more packs of US Infantry, some Infantry guns and yet more signs which I like to add to the odd figure base.

An unexpected purchase was the Overlord book from the Battlegroup series along with the mini rulebook, some great photos inside. The biggest share of my budget was spent on Battlefront Flames of War models, these are destined to be used as support elements for CoC. For my US forces I have an M18 Hellcat and some improved armour pieces I hope to use on PSC Shermans. The Germans were far luckier, there's a Hetzer, Flakpanzer 38t, Tiger E, Panther G, Pz II Luchs and a Sdkfz 250/9.

That little lot will keep me busier, before I start these I need to finish my US armour and paint a platoons worth of Fallschirmjager. I've another game of CoC later in the week and yet another on Sunday.

1 comment:

Stuart S said...

And the Battlegroup just keeps getting bigger.

Cheers

Stu