Sunday, 9 June 2013

Operation Market Larden!

Yesterday was Operation Market Larden! A day of gaming with the Toofatlardies presented by our club, the Wyvern Wargamers. Over 30 gamers along with Rich Clarke of TFL fame, played various games during the day and then finished if off with a curry and beer.





Here's my game, British forces challenge French infantry for supply wagons in Sharp Practice.



An IABSM game based on a historical action, presented by my neighbour and good friend Ade.



The very popular Chain of Command demo run by Rich Clarke, I was hoping to sit in on this one but was enjoying my Sharp Practice games too much so I will wait until it gets released in a few months.



Nick Hawkins brought his 'Diesel Punk' air combat game which is being developed as part of the Lard Approved scheme.



Another possible Lard Approved game Tin Star by Geoff Bond.




Nick Overland presented I Ain't Been Nuked Mum, his cold war adaptation of IABSM for the cold war. I would have liked to play this one, it seems ideal for my own 6mm collection.



Stuart and Mark, fellow Wyvern members put on a Russo Japanese war game using the Mud and Blood rules.

 

There was also a Dux Britaniarium demo table run by our friend Jim who oversaw some Saxons getting a brutal thrashing - some things don't change. Alas I don't seem to have taken a photo of that game, also apologies my photos seem a little flat - I have probably left the camera on some random settings!

1 comment:

MarkG said...

Some great looking games. Explain Diesel Punk airwar?