Monday, 2 January 2012

Xmas painting part 3

Going to be time to go back to work soon, managed some more painting today;

Here is the completed claim markers for Malifaux, a nice quick and simple job.


Next up is a collection of Chaos Space Marines, all of these models except the character in Terminator armour where second hand from eBay and I have over-painted them. I remember 40K coming out way back when, I only ever played 1st Edition (Rogue Trader) but managed to paint Blood Angels some years ago.

I have read many of the novels and seen the passable movie, alas the game does not represent Marines well. Being superhuman in the books, in the game they are only marginally better than the other races - but Space Marines sell so they need them to be needed in quantity.

Later this month at our club we are going to attempt 40K using the Tomorrows War rules, if it doesn't work out - look out for them on eBay soonish.


So the force comprises;
  • Leader in Terminator Armour
  • 5 Terminators
  • 3 Squads of Chaos Marines (8, 10 & 10)
  • 5 Havocs
  • 7 Possessed
Realistically I could do we a few more rank and file, no more than half a dozen or so but I'm not too sure I want to chuck more cash at eBay for a game I might not play more than once. We'll see, there might be a bargain about.

No comments: