Friday, 2 December 2011

Blooming Eck it will be crimbo before we know it!

I have managed to be a bit lax with both my painting and posting lately, I blame Winter .... and work. So gaming wise the fantasy campaign came to a close with a Orc and Goblin win and I still didn't bring the High Elves to the table.

On the painting table I am still working on my small band of Vikings, as they are seeing the table on Sunday I shall have to pull my finger my out.



Sundays gaming last week so a couple of us play a new WW2 ruleset, not sure it hit all the right buttons for me, so I shall continue looking. At least I beat Steve as revenge for the Firestorm game. The lights in the village hall aren't too good with the phone camera but you can see Steve's great foamcore houses.





On the next table our forthcoming participation was being trialled, based on the "Death of the Prince Imperial" incident from the Anglo-Zulu wars, players try to protect the heir to the throne of Napoleon. This game is being staged at Minicon 2012 in January, a new nearby miniatures event.

Last weekend also found me in Birmingham, in the middle of the German market, which was hell, luckily respite was found in the shape of the Ian Allen bookshop where I bought the new version of "I Aint Been Shot Mum" from Toofatlardies. Looks like fun, next year might find me quickly painting up some Brits or US after WMMS in March.

Right off to sort out these Vikings.

No comments: