Tuesday, 4 October 2011

What a Saga!

Seems like ages that I have posted, played some games but not done as much painting as I would have liked.
Last week I played another game in our Fantasy campaign, once again facing Ade and his Goblins - I took an elite force heavy on Warriors but I was wrong footed right from the start as I was facing very mobile opponents with plenty of Magic. Live and learn, it certainly gave me more thought to getting chariots and my marauder horse painted up.



Also as always we had a spectator.



At the club we finally got to bring Saga to the table. Normans vs Vikings, just a four point game to start, working through the mechanisms to get our heads round the rules. An enjoyable game, with fatigue and the battle boards giving the expected subtly and flavour.



This game is going to bring some fun, more Viking era armies are promised as well as El-Cid, Arthurian and a free battle board that will be included in a future Wargames Illustrated.



Looking forward to finishing my own Vikings and getting some more games in.

No comments: