Sunday, 11 September 2011

Colours 2011

This weekend was Colours 2011 at the Newbury Racecourse. I popped down for a few hours today with nothing significant on my shopping list. I only had my phone with me so just took a couple of snaps.

First a great big VBCW (1938 Battle of Ambridge) game in 28mm which included a WW1 era AV tank, Somua tanks aswell as aircraft and boats, game was presented by the 'Edward VII Cocktail bar' forum.


Crooked Dice put on some demos of the 7TV game, the game looks great, though it looks a little terrain heavy, might be fun. There figures are excellent including their new Time Slip Police which sold out over the weekend.
 

With our groups interest in the Anglo Zulu War I could not help but be drawn to the massive Isandlwana, this was a massive game but I;m not sure they were playing, looked more like a static display which was a shame.


So now on to the loot.
Other than the latest WSS magazine this was what I game for, no new metal just scenic bits and some bits and pieces. Then I got to the Simple Miniatures stand, Malifaux blisters - buy three get one free, who is going to refuse that deal. Problem was I couldn't find four.

Their other deal was buy two box sets and get a free book. I blame Dave and the others, I decided to get the Sonnia and Ortegas box sets and got the Rising Powers book for free. Bargain! I also bought Night Terrors which should be excellent for seizing objectives and the like.

This week I should be mostly finishing off my Brits for the big game next week, I shall be taking my tripod and hopefully taking lots of photos.

2 comments:

Kahuna said...

Somehow I always get the blame...

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me.

Thanks!

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com