Monday, 29 August 2011

Getting set for Saga

Saga will soon be released and seeing that the next issue of Wargames Illustrated has a Saga feature led me to give my Dark Age collection a quick once over. As part of the various offers Gripping Beast have on their website, they show sample armies for the four armies featured. So looking at these armies, here's what I will have for the Normans.

This is a basic 4 point army, with two units of four milites, eight crossbowmen, twelve archers and the leader.



Swapping the mounted milites for their foot versions, would look like this.



As an alternative, unarmoured spearmen could be added.



I was told mounted troops cost no more than their dismounted versions but come with their own obvious disadvantages - they run away faster!



I have been thinking off getting a second army, checking the lead mountain I have found enough figures to do a Viking force, just need to clear the current projects, get some shields and a suitable Warlord figure.

No comments: