Sunday, 31 July 2011

Too many irons in the fire!

I had to tidy my office in the week and whilst tidying my hobby stuff I realised that I had too many things on the go at the moment. Now I am not talking about stuff in the lead mountain but stuff that was out and on the painting table.

So my current projects seem to be;
  • 28mm ACW
  • 28mm Napoleonics
  • Warriors of Chaos for Warhammer
  • British Infantry for Anglo-Zulu War
  • Dystopian Wars Prussians
  • Firestorm Armada Sorylians
  • Malifaux Resurrectionists
Of those the last three are pretty small so this weekend I decided to spend some time and knock one off the list, with the prospect of playing Malifaux next weekend, they got my attention.

So far I have the Nicodem box set and the Mindless Zombies blister, bases are Fenris Games' city ruin base toppers.The thing I did notice when I prepared these minis is that Wyrd don't have in house sculpters but use a selection of freelancers, this I imagine might effect the consistent appearance of the figures.

The best example of this is the 'Punk Zombies'. I found the castings rather flat and thin, I am not sure if this was how they were cast or, as I have seen before, an over zealous mould maker who manages to squash the masters. Once assembled and painted, it is not so apparent.

Mindless Zombies.



Next up 'Punk Zombies'.



Mortimer and Nicodem.


The whole 'crew' so far.



Next up I shall finish the 16 British Infantry for the Zulu Wars, these will play their part in the all day game in September.

No comments: