Friday, 28 January 2011

First project of 2011 complete!

I am happy to say I have completed my first project of 2011, shame of wasn't one of my three priorities. We have had the odd game of the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game at the club and I decided that I would paint a force up. Years ago I painted some Riders of Rohan but this time I choose Gondor, all the armour would speed up the painting!

My challenge to myself was that I wanted to build the force entirely from second hand model. Whilst the SBG is a great game it has fallen from popularity as the movies came to an end, there are always plenty of models on eBay so wait till you get the price you want - don't leap at the first Gandalf you find. 


This force is one from the 'Gondor in Flames' sourcebook (apart from Gandalf). 36 foot, 12 each of bow, spear/shield and sword/shield plus 6 Mounted Knights, a Captain and a King or Steward. Cost wise this is approximately 500 points.


Here is the Captain, Steward and Gandalf.


Warriors with sword and shield


Archers


Spearmen



Knights

Gaming wise it is still a week before the next club night, I got my weekly Memoir fix and I need to focus on finishing the next project and not get drawn in to anything else just yet.

No comments: