Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Gondor Ascendant

Well I blame watching Lord of The Rings whilst painting! And eBay. The last of my successful lots came this morning and I now have roughly (because I might not have counted too well) 88 Plastics (Warriors of Minas Tirith and Men of Gondor), 2 Metal Minas Tirith Command and 6 Knights of Minas Tirith. Roughly working this lot out at retail would leave change from £120. Second hand cost from eBay has been £22.96 with £9.49 postage.

The latest figures are all being undercoated, then I will break then down in terms of bow, spear etc. I will paint the Men of Gondor and use them as Warriors although they belong to an earlier age - these are the figures I believe came with the original Fellowship version of the game, I waited for the Two Towers box, which was excellent value with 12 Riders of Rohan and 24 Uruk-Hai. Alas I sold these.



I do like the Uruks, I am not so keen on the plastic pikes - far too fragile, this was a quick photo just for eBay, the depth of field wasn't long enough hence only the rear ones are in focus.  



The Riders here were painted literally in a 24 hour period. I bought the boxed game on the Saturday afternoon and there were in a game the next evening. Yes they could have been tidier but were quite an achievement for the time.

I have had a good look through the garage and dug out a set of the original Fellowship with Gandalf painted and oddly Grima Wormtongue and King Theoden. I will take my time painting the characters whilst I keep an eye out for my characters and Knights.

No comments: