Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Song of Drums and Shakos

Mark and I ran through Song of Drums and Shakos on Sunday, just a squad each to get our head round the rules. Mark had the riflemen, an Officer, NCO and four chosen men. I had French Light Infantry with an Officer, NCO and six chasseurs.

The figures used were Foundry and Front Rank. The buildings are from Grand Manner, Snapdragon or home made.



The table is oversized for the rules we only used the nearest half with the walled fruit orchard and the houses. We each started diagonally opposite.



Here's the walled orchard. The Gate is resin from Snapdragon whilst i made the rest of the walls from foamcore, card and balsa to match about over 15 years ago. I did give the a little paint touch up.



Large houses again from Snapdragon but roofs were never modelled, as far as I know these houses have never been sold generally. I saw them in the workshop and snapped them up. The roofs are made from sheet tin, shaped into pantiles.



I send half the Chasseurs with the officer whilst the NCO takes the remainder through the orchard,



Skirmishing through the collapsed wall causes casualties on both sides. The over large kapoc smoke indicates an empty musket or rifle. I must make some smaller.



The orchard has a well at the center.



The rifleman opens the small door and fires. Shortly after the officer charges in and is shot down causing the rest of the riflemen to rout.

The game was very enjoyable, we loved the way initiative swaps between players, I have more figures to paint like spanish guerillas and civilians, french cavalry and highlanders so more scenario opportunities for games.

2 comments:

Sergio said...

Great job Paul!!

May I link it to my blog?
Thanks for sharing
Sergio Laliscia

Chris said...

Really nice report -- and absolutely beautiful terrain!