Saturday, 28 November 2009

Plans for 2010

Well November is not over yet and I am thinking about my plans for the year ahead.

American Civil War

This is going to be a major focus for next year, with hopefully a playable army by the middle of the year, with at least 8 regiments of foot plus horse and guns. I will probably then think on painting a similar quantity of Union troops.

Ambush Alley

There are a few figures I still want as well as more buildings for my collection.

Zulu Wars

My intention is to have three regiments of Zulus which added to those in the rest of the club will be pretty impressive. As for imperial troops I have some Redoubt Royal Marines, they didn't serve in the Natal but but they are contemporary, the Empress figures are nice but I am favour Copplestone's Naval Infantry.

The Lost World
This project came from nowhere just because I wanted to paint the cavemen. I shall add some more dinosaurs as I come across them and perhaps some Neanderthals or lizard-men.

Cold War Commander
I still need to build some Soviet opposition for the British, I will most probably sell the excess Brits to fund them. I also need to carry on with the micro terrain.

Hott / DBA / Uncharted Seas

These are quick easy wins. Cheap to purchase and hopefully fun to paint. I shall add some more ships to the Dwarf fleet in time when I have played some more games and I am thinking to try and combine a HoTT and DBA army without restricting my army choices too much whilst a saving in cash and painting time.

I have found my copy of DBA from the garage and it appears to have been chewed by a cat some years ago. I shall pick up another next.

For Sale

I continue to recycle my old unneeded miniatures via ebay, I shall probably sell my 20mm WW2 Germans as I don't get to play in this scale, as well as my 28mm Black Hawk Down figures as I have suitable figures amongst my 20mm Ambush Alley collection.

Other stuff is likely to crop up during the year like Dr Who (I have the Heresy Dr Hugh McCrimmon and some UNIT troops already) and Blitzkrieg Commander where I need to refresh my US and Russians and add German opposition.

No comments: