Sunday, 4 October 2009

I blame 10,000 BC .......................

Tonight's club meeting is our AGM, after that my Dwarven fleet for Uncharted Seas gets it's first outing, not having any templates I made these.


Well, I had them laser cut on mdf from the original template download, I painted them. I think they look pretty good. I'll let you know how the game goes.

A while ago I saw 10,000 BC, the film was ridiculed for daring to mix homo-sapien with mammoths used as beasts of burden to build pyramids - silly stuff really, but when you aren't expecting any special a grain of an idea gets planted. Now Tusk has been released as a PDF edition for the bargain price of £3 I couldn't resist it. Well one thing let to another ...........



The figures are from Copplestone Castings, he has made the four packs you see here, 17 figures in total, at least are open handed to take the various spears, stone axes and flint knife provided. These are great figures and I have really enjoyed painting these so far.



These dinosaurs belong to a children's game called 'Dinosaur Kings', they look pretty good and they will fit in great when the bases are finished. The best thing is they should all appear on ebay pretty cheap as children get bored with them.

This should all end up as a fun kind of lost world type game and would also give me the excuse to buy those 3 packs of Perry Twins Sudan era Black Watch infantry I wanted to paint.

1 comment:

Stuart S said...

Paul great game last night, thought I had the tactics nailed...
Can you post up the link for the laser cutting man?