Saturday, 11 April 2009

To the Sudan ...............

Well after the Baccus Sudan range caught my eye last weekend I have been reading up and trying to think about rule sets and organisation even though this project is off in the distance.

Baccus will have a Polemos variant for Colonials eventually, which is great because I love the basing scheme - it gives the opportunity for mini dioramas on the bigger native bases. In the meanwhile I am trying to track down information on battles of the period, focusing on the size of the Mahdist forces. At the moment I am thinking of 10:1 and 20:1 depending on the scenario, at 10:1 a base represents a company, 8 to a battalion. The bigger native bases 250 men - the basic sub unit.

Any way I am painting buildings for Ambush Alley and Force on Force.

Paul (and the Khatoum DVD is in the post!)

STOP PRESS I have finished the buildings!




Paul

No comments: